Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Just stop it

I've heard that for years and because of recent events with my Mother I'm hearing it all over again and all over again it irritates me. To me and I'm only speaking for me,"Just stop it" is like telling a dog to be a cat. Now I'm sure with years of therapy, I could learn to stop it but to just stop it?

I am filled with more and more anger every day over recent events, I am not sure though if that anger is at her or myself. How after everything I have been through can I still be so naive? How after everything I have seen can I still be so weak?

My biggest question, is how can I hide it? I am a professional who must be that at work, I cannot have meltdowns in my position, I must be poised and carefree. I have never been good at hiding my feelings.

I am listening to this story on the news as I write this, "boy accused of bullying, kicked out of school then takes own life". Was he abused at home? Did anyone ask him or did they just scream and hit? No, I'm not at all sticking up for the "bully", I'm just asking, was the "bully" bullied?

Nobody asks anything they just assume. Life is not a soap opera, people become damaged, some hang by a thread and you don't even know it. I promise you won't have to share this blog in a deposition because of my "untimely end".

My point is that...who can just stop it?

2 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

not me!!!!!

Jess said...

I read your piece on Sunday's blog and it was so moving. Keep writing, please. You have a lot to say.